Sunday, November 8, 2009

fuck city

Spent last night in Fuck City. Literally. That is the name of Al's house where he and several other PC grads reside above a veterinarian's office. It is pretty cool. And the entryway is Connery's Quarters, dedicated to my favorite Scotsman. I slept in the living room under a mickey mouse comforter, with Mark Twain watching over me whilst I slumbered. It is a pretty sweet setup actually I really like all the little personal touches there. And seeing Al and Cole made me so happy. It was spectacular to catch up, to hear all about Al's experiences in India (and e coli who knew??) and just hearing about life. And hearing about Cole and his drag show Halloween (Alvaro as Balloon Boy??) and it was just great. Had some unfortunate low blood sugar problems, compounded by nausea problems (I have to force myself to eat lately. even when I'm hungry, and I know I'm hungry, I have to force feed myself because I just have overwhelming nausea.) So that was tricky. Then did an interview with Genesis for her senior project about women and autoimmune diseases. Then I saw Denny and dropped off some cookies for him and chatted for a bit. J-2-1 got a makeover, with paint and a break room with a sweet couch! WTF how come that never happened when WE were there??? Apparently Angela's feminine touch includes sweet accoutrements that we never got. But it was good to visit campus briefly. I even went to Starbucks (since I looked/felt like the wrath of God this morning, probably due to the low blood sugars messing up my sleep) and got a caffeine kick. Despite my exhaustion and nausea, it was a nice visit with people I love. and now I am home resting, after force feeding dinner, just relaxing. Soon I'll take my night time pain meds for my back (since I forgot to take it this morning) and hit the hay. But I felt the need to post about getting to see (part of) my Tron fam. :-)

2 comments:

HolyshitiLoveyou said...

Whyyyyy

K-Hawk said...

j21 IS a breakroom as far as I always knew...