W!!! Gimme a T! T!!!!! Gimme an F! F!!!! What does it spell?!?!? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?
That is my response to today. I mean, most Mondays suck for most people, amiright? Several things contributed to my overall response:
A) Several people having "issues" with taking a required training session dealing with my particular area of expertise. As the junior associate of my group, with the Lead out most of the time working on special ops, I am the one that gets to enforce the training and subsequent test taking which, as I said, is REQUIRED. Some people think they don't have time for a 15 minute training & test. Some people have tried, but "the page doesn't load" or "I keep getting an error" or "I don't think my PC is compatible with this training SW". Seriously? STFU people. I have more important shit to get done than listen to you whine. You have an issue- call the f-ing help desk, put in a trouble ticket, or bitch to your manager about how you're "special and shouldn't be forced to waste precious time" on my GLOBALLY REQUIRED TRAINING & TEST!
B) Our client is trying to pull a fast one on us, not following THEIR OWN security protocol, and basically throwing a fit because I refuse to allow their little trick to go through as it stands. I will not have MY company (and more specifically ME) be blamed when later on, something comes back to bite someone. That ass that gets bitten will NOT be my company's, or mine.
C) Interrupting people is rude. If I have my headphones in, am on the phone, or seem to be incredibly engrossed in what is on my computer screen, DON'T JUST START TALKING AT ME and then expect me to know WTF you are talking about, and how to solve your problem. I don't come up to you when you are in the middle of something and just start rambling about my issues and expect you to 1- Follow my line of thinking or 2- Help me immediately.
D) My mother. What.A.Bitch. I was at work from 8am until 6pm today. It was a busy day, and since I have more energy earlier in the week, I try to work as much as I can on Monday (and sometime Tuesday) to get the shit that needs to get done, done. Now, keep in mind that whilst Jorge went to visit family & go to a wedding this weekend (she departed at like 5am Thursday) I had to watch her dog and keep the house from burning down. So that meant of course feeding the dogs, tidying up, doing dishes obv all the normal stuff. And she had wanted me to dust and vaccuum which never occurred. Because I went on Saturday to discuss my benefit options for next year (health insurance and whatnot) with my dad, and then went to the Cider Mill with K, C and the baby. Didn't get home till late (though mind you, I did stop home and take Bailey Mae out and feed her so I was NOT neglecting the dog) and then Sunday I slept in, but then had some errands to run (including getting more dog food). Of course, Thursday and Friday I worked, so I wasn't gonna be vaccuuming during those days. So I got home this evening, like 6:45ish, and I go to go in my room to drop my purse (because Allah forbid that I leave it out in the common areas) and I find that I cannot open my door without really shoving it open. Why might that be, I wonder (as I am sure you are)? Because mother decided to roll the vaccuum with its stupid hose attachments and the cord (unwound, so all messy and tangly and everywhere) in my room, just inside the door. Now, was this a "I'm going to stick this right where you see it so you know that I'm mad you didn't vaccuum" thing? Or was it a "someone is stopping by and I don't want the vaccuum out in the hallway where I left it for you to find so you could dust and vaccuum"? I don't know*. But I don't really give a hoot which scenario it was. It pissed me off. It is just rude. Rude. Rude. Rude.
So that was what made my Monday unreasonably sucky. That and the fact that one of my best friends at work was being Mr. Grumpy Gills.
On a brighter note, autumn is bursting into flame and bringing out the last of nature's wild, passionate emotion before it turns into an ice castle of gloom and death. I love the colors of sugar maples as they turn in autumn. It just feels so intense when you see the reds and oranges and yellows and coppers and persimmion and scarlet and ruby and gold and saffron....I could go on forever. The point is, the spectrum of beautiful colors is astounding. And with the bite in the air....it just elicits a rebellious feeling, like it is nature's last stand before the freeze, and damnit, nature is going to go out with a bang. It makes me feel like being rebellious too. Makes me long for some grand fiery passion in my life. Of course, that is ridiculous. One would have to go out and meet people, and over time, have one person become special and THEN you might get somewhere towards passion, but not likely. Takes a long investment of time and energy. And I hate going out. I am generally not a fan of people. Making that whole "finding a person to love" thing rather a bit of a challenge.
So that is where we stand. For today. Now, to finish my orzo and cheese (I love scrounging for food....like some sort of rat in a stranger's pantry) and then I'm hitting the hay. 10 hours at work with dumb humans and then coming home to a fucking vaccuum in my room, wears me out.
*the reason I do not know what the scenario was is because J is out at Bailey Mae's obedience class*
Part 6
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment