Sunday, February 15, 2009

Maybe they're Irish Step Dancing!

For one of the first times ever in the history of life, I drove home from Purchase with no bad feelings. I wasn't sad, I wasn't angry, I was just content (and a bit sleepy). I had a nice visit with no drama. Saw Jami's and Gilbert's senior project performance (amazing and wonderful). Went to dinner with Al, A, and KHawk for some barbeque, then we dropped her off to wait for C at Buffalo Wild Wings (Yea get in the car, we'll just pause and you can jump from the car, tuck and roll Kells) and then I went to the show, then returned to Al's for some relatively quiet conversation, till K and C returned. Then listened to the folks upstairs as they nearly fell through the ceiling. (what do you think they're doing up there to make all that noise? Maybe they're Irish Step Dancing! Wow, Meagan's been waiting her whole life to make that reference.) Listened to C's latest exploits (NFL players and Tad O'Had). Today, early tea and conversation with A and then brunch with Becks, absolutely wonderful to catch up with her. And as I said, I managed to drive home with not an ill will to be felt. I just felt relaxed. Guess I'm actually getting over myself. And my lousy issues. It was sad to not have the whole group there, but hopefully soon we'll all be together again. Maybe in March for M's recital and KHawk's happy hour and then Me Encanta Sangria. (and maybe Stevie's birthday??) Who knows. 

So that was the long and short of things. For a lonely heart's Valentine's day, it wasn't so bad. Plus before I went up, Christopher came over and brought mom and I some chocolates and flowers and cards. It was really really nice of him. SisterK better keep that one. 

So yes. Not the most thrilling entry ever, but I'm relaxed, so I don't care too much. 

No comments: