Sunday, March 1, 2009

hummmmm

Let us see.

Friday my father left for his Florida for 10days trip to visit his step-brother and step-sister (who we of course have always been close with and don't really get the step part). That leaves me at home with george for that period of time. He'll return March 8th late in the evening, and then the following Monday, March 16th, she will leave to go out to Utah to see his brother and wife (george is very close with aunt mandy- some sort of bond over marry stupid McG men). I won't mind spending 9 G-free days with dad, but this first thing is a bit rougher. G and I have issues with each other. We may have started out well- Friday we saw The Reader but she was sitting with her friends, and SisterK and I sat together. I basically just drove there with G. (This was Friday, after I had taken viv to the puppy park and met the CUTEST guy named Kit with the MOST ADORABLE coonhound puppy named Lola! that was nice).

Yesterday, We ran errands, having to get to sisterK's place to pick up her laptop and binder for something, then we stopped at Target to get some stuff, then returned here so G and K could have their meeting with the guy who is designing the website for their group. Ch came over and since we weren't invited to the meeting, he and I watched Animal Planet, Weird, True and Freaky. First the one on Swarms, and then one on Humanimals, weird ass people that do crazy animalistic things, or body modification to look like animals. Crazy stuff. After than, took a nap whilst G spoke on the phone to GFred, then we went out to rent movies and get stuff for dinner. We watched The Duchess (good, though sort of sad) and then Burn After Reading, which we didn't find amusing at all. Not.at.all. It is just weird. Anyway, today we're going to try Wall-E and then she has Nights in Rodanthe which I don't want to see. I'm tired of watching old people falling in love movies. I'm not old yet, so I don't see why I ought to find them charming and sweet and nice. I'm young, and not having found love, I don't want to watch it. Darnit.

Other than that, what has life been about? Not a lot. Basically just skipped the gym this week. Mostly because I had the flu last weekend and felt like I didn't want to go. Lent began, so I gave up half&half or cream in my coffee, only allowing myself 1%, or perhaps soymilk in the drink. Thusly, I have been hardcore avoiding coffee because I don't like how it tastes without my thick creamy goodness. I also gave up soda, but since I have digestive issues and can't seem to burp on my own, I have to drink seltzer instead. Right now I have a lot of pomegranate, but I'm looking for black cherry and some other nice flavs. This helps me burp just enough so that I don't explode from internal gas. I know that is gross, but it's the truth. Things at work are much the same, Blakeley still being a tool, though I told him that my dad was gone for a while, maybe we could like, hang out or something. I doubt it. But at least I threw it out there. 

So that is the update. Next weekend is Mike's viola recital, and KHawk's happy hour. I hope more of the fam comes this time. I kind of want to make Sneaky Pete Punch one because I LOVE the name and two I think it would be funny, and evidently you can't taste the alcohol in it, which is why it is called Sneaky Pete Punch, because you're drinking and enjoying it and then all of a sudden, WHAM!!! you get hit (punched even?) with the booze part. Sneaks up on you. Ha. I'll have to ask if anyone would be interested. Gotta love 1950's alcohol recipes.

With that, I'm going to have some of my bailey's ice cream that I never ate last night because I was tired and over full from my macaroni and brussels sprouts. ice cream for breakfast, I know, I make GREAT life choices.

No comments: