Saturday, June 27, 2009

it is always tragic when a monarch dies

The sad and untimely passing of MJ, the King of Pop, has struck me oddly hard. I think perhaps it was because of how many times I have danced to his music. Alyson always had some MJ routine, either Thriller, or Beat It, or when we did They Don't Care About Us, and I was so excited because I got to be in front right next to Miss Alyson for the big number! His choreography and attention to detail in his videos can't be matched. No one could move like he could. And I'm sure his personal life was weird but I don't care about that. One, because it isn't my dang business, and two because I think his amazing talent and power as a performer completely outweighs anything else about him in my eyes. We have this video that has some of his best music videos and performances, and the dancing is SO AMAZING! Nevermind Billie Jean and the moonwalk....that is just the tip of the iceberg. Smooth Criminal, Beat It, Thriller-just phenomenal. I feel like there is just going to be a huge void in terms of innovative artists like that. When we were watching the Scream video, with both he and Janet, I wondered, "Does Janet ever feel awful just knowing that even though she made a name for herself, she will NEVER be HALF of what Michael was?" I don't know. I guess this post is sort of pointless and weird, gushing over an artist whose songs changed America's pop culture....but gush I will. I hope his soul is at peace. Thank you, Michael Jackson.

No comments: