Friday, June 12, 2009

spellcheck pls- and other irritated ramblings

Ok ok, I know I used to be the spelling and grammar nazi, and that it was uber annoying and made everyone want to kill me, and so I gave up my crusade, but sometimes things really bug me when they are spelled incorrectly. Like it makes me want to jump through the computer screen to where the person is, and shake them, whilst crying "damnit you JUST graduated from college, WHY CAN'T YOU SPELL?!?!?" I know my spelling isn't always perfect. I have certain words that present a distinct challenge. Definitely is my worst word ever. But, they do in fact make spell check just for that very purpose. For the words that ALWAYS defy you. Even blogger here has it. So really, kids? Really? 

Of course, part of the reason it bothers me is that it is people who have been annoying to me lately. Not that they've done anything in particular to deserve my being annoyed at them, but I am. Actually, I could be annoyed at their drunken behavior, but it has been a whole week since that and so I can't still be mad that they kept pushing at my head, a la those "could have had a V8" commercials, and then attempted to body shove me off the curb at 4am. I can't still be irked by that. Though everyone knows I hold grudges longer than mormons hold on to their morals, so perhaps no one would be surprised by my snarky attitude towards them. I'm probably just jealous of the person's great life and great job and happiness and all that. I just manifest it in a bitchier way. I think once I feel like my life doesn't completely blow, I will feel better.

On that note, starting a bit more serious diet regimen. Just healthier really. Gotta get my cholesterol down, and the refined carb thing needs to go. Veggies*, fruits and some meats. But mostly other proteins like beans and nuts. And eggs occasionally. I can't stand the sight of myself, and even though my meds are being adjusted, I can't blame the meds for it all. It was my BAD eating habits. Like all those baked goods. Deliciously deadly. And hopefully I'll feel good enough to hit the gym again soon (oh and the fact that I owe them money and have to wait till I get paid to go back- blast this constant state of poverty!) but until then just taking it slow on the treadmill at home. And by slow I mean walking. For like 10 minutes at a time, since that seems to be all I can take. I know, I'm a wussbunny. But I try a bit at least. So we'll see how that goes. As of this morning, I am at a whopping 153 pounds. Not only is it above what I am supposed to be according to the BMI chart, but it is really bad for my bones because I actually have rather petite bones & bone structure. So it is too much weight on a weak frame. Like, trying to hang a Persian carpet to dry on one of those teeny bamboo drying racks you have in college to try and save money by air drying your clothes. Poor little frame doesn't stand a chance under all that weight. So that is my thing. I have to lose at least 20 pounds, though I wouldn't mind losing more (it always irritates me that my ratty mother only weighs like 115 or 120). So, goal = 20+ pounds. We'll see. 

*- I consider rice and potatoes to be veggies. I think they are healthy carbs. Or so I keep telling myself. :)

No comments: