That is one sleepy puppy. This was Vivienne after we took her on a ride to the farm stand to get some sweet corn, fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. I had to drive, because my dad had already started sipping a Shock Top (hold the orange wedge please, you don't fruit the beer) and so he agreed to go buy the summer produce if I drove. And I agreed if we could bring lil Lulah. (in case you are lost, her full name is Vivienne Tallulah, hence the lulah). So we went, she dug her little doggy nails into my dad's leg flesh (summer time shorts offer little protection against claws) and stuck her head out the window, taking in the sultry summer scents of cut grass and hot cow poo (we have a lot of farms around). I really do like summer time. Even if it was really hot and humid today (doesn't affect us if we get too hot we come into the air conditioning) because tonight we get ribs on the grill, corn and tomato and cucumbers, and we're having a nice outdoors fire. And the dogs can come out and sit while we eat and just enjoy the evening air (that is, if the tired pup wakes up lol). I really wish I had friends around. I miss my buddies. I really would LOVE to go camping or something....I was especially jealous of the montauck camping trip S, A & H took. Maybe someone will want to do something soon. I keep trying to get in touch with C and P, but no word back yet. Boo. Anyway, nice summer evenings like tonight make me forget the other crap in the world....like how I'm somewhere on the verge of getting full time regular status at CSC, how I have yet to take any GREs, how I'm not sure I will apply in the fall.....ugh. All that crap disappears after a nice dinner, and then sitting by the fire, watching the lightning bugs dance through the night air.....
Part 6
13 years ago

1 comment:
i wanna go camping
Post a Comment