Saturday, August 22, 2009

"Why isn't the air on? It's like the fires of hell in here!"

Last night had a ton of fun going first to Harrison to meet up with MAlas, then we took the train to the city to have a last bar night with JB, Les, Denny, Paul, Suki, Cole, Jay Minh Alt, Juanly and other pc folk. It was just a great evening with great people. And I always find it hysterical to see former authoritative figures get even the slightest bit drunk. An Alt inspirational moment is ten times funnier when he is leaning on you for support and slurring his speech. Slightly awkward to see some former faculty members whom you may or may not have gone on a date with, only to have the entire encounter end badly after he was a bit over the top. Yea, he was there. And kept asking if we were cool. It was over a year ago. And then, when he was leaving (much earlier than everyone else) he was like "walk me out" and I said "but I'm in the middle of a beer" so he randomly grabs someone to hold my drink and pulls me outside. To ask me what happened back then, what went wrong. If he weirded me out. (which he kind of did, because he he kept making future plans, like "as soon as you graduate I'm going to take you out to dinner" and "I can't wait till you graduate so I can meet your parents" etc)so yea that was just weird. I mean, I apologized for acting like a dink, but he kept telling me it was fine, we were cool, it was just like hmmm. Maybe the karma for me being so rude to him and blowing him off last year was that I then had to have this awkward encounter. Then he left and I went back in and finished my beer, and it was good. Of course, then later when we had to get back to the train station to catch the last train back up to Harrison, MAlas runs off, and Cole tried to get him back, and he just kept saying "no Meagan has my keys she can go home and get in I have to go I have to walk". So then he ended up on the same train as the rest of us and gets back to Harrison....and we go back to his place by like 3am.  It was so great seeing everyone, and was a nice change from the usual hot messes. 

In other news, rehearsals are going well for the show, we had a long discussion on Thursday about characters and themes and such. We should have the final revision sometime this week. Hopefully. Though, Jim says that really, Peter has up until opening night to keep changing things. I hope this isn't true. I need to get on the memorization soon too. In my old age, I worry my memory might now be less than stellar (plus it has been revealed in medical studies that folks with SLE and Sjogren's may get a little foggy from time to time). I think it will be fun though. Joann is really sweet and eager to please as an actress, because this is her first show, so she wants to be perfect. Chris is just great, as usual. Mark will be really good, he seems to be really the perfect desk. And Geoff....well Geoff gets a bit distracted, and I can tell that is going to aggravate David, but hopefully he'll get focused soon. Hopefully. And I'm just going to do my thang. And keep my fingers crossed that I'll be good. 

Abs home tomorrow with G after their trip up to see EA. It will be nice to see her briefly. I have a shark-related comic to give her. :-)

No comments: