Tuesday, August 11, 2009

rollercoaster....where the highs are high and the lows are death

Just when things are starting to look up, they come down again.

Let us see. I auditioned for a play: UP point

I saw my Dr. in Boston and she was going to decrease my steroids, and no more pesky blood pressures or lab works: UP point

I got to move my desk at work to avoid a coworker who is stressing me out and driving me nuts: UP point

It was SHARK WEEK!!!!: UP point

Last Monday am, I had a pretty bad low blood sugar: DOWN point

By Tuesday, I found out that I had landed the role in the play, for cash monies!!: UP point

Wednesday, I almost died. Literally. Went into hypoglycemic shock and couldn't be gotten out of it until an ambulance was called and EMTs saved me.: DOWN point

Thursday, saw another Dr, and determined that I needed a bone density scan, and labwork to figure out where my hormone levels are at, since it would seem I'm practically menopausal at the ripe old age of 24.: DOWN point

Whilst trying to slowly decrease steriods, noticed my wrists swelling and a distinct inability to use my hands properly.: DOWN point

This Monday, my Boston Dr calls and informs me that the bloodwork indicates that I am on the brink of a MAJOR flare. In the vein on preventative medicine, my cyclosporine AND steroids have been amped up. This also means back to the blood pressure and labworks every two weeks.: DOWN point.

BUT, things are on the turnaround, since we caught the pre-flare we can hopefully avoid it. Due to the low blood sugar, I finally got into the Joslin Clinic with new diabetes drs. AND this weekend SisterK, C and I are trekking up to Western NY to the Erie County Fair for fun times, cotton candy, and fun rides!!! And I'll get to see my poor godson who broke his leg and is in a hip-to-ankle cast and a wheelchair. So all of those things are good. And our first readthrough for the play is this week, I'm uber psyched. The character is supposed to be something like Lauren Bacall in To Have and To Have Not. This was her first film with Bogart, and the one that made him leave his (3rd??) wife to marry her. She was 19. It is astounding. I'm not sure I can necessarily pull it off, she's a pretty lush, sarcastic sensual type. I've never had to do that. But hopefully I can make it awesome. It is an original play by a local fellow, so the good news is that I get to CREATE another role, be the first to play her. Always fun. So like I said, perhaps despite the slight downturn, we can salvage this and bring life back up to GOOD rather than "close to death". 

Also, rumors of a TRON reunion floated around, but no one other than myself, KHawk and KCH seem to care. I suppose if I lived in NYC and had a job and a fantastically exciting life as most of the rest of the group do, I wouldn't care about reunioning either. Oh well. If people get in touch and respond I'm always down. 

No comments: