Sunday, January 18, 2009

angel food love

well let us see. Not a ton has actually gone on lately. Went out to dinner with blakeley on Thursday evening, learned more about him than I cared to know ever in life....but it was ok. He is just weird. Also saw Slumdog Millionaire with mom on Wednesday, it was pretty good. Parts of it were incredibly sad, but not surprising for life in India to be honest. Unfortunately mom wasn't really aware of conditions in India (unlike sisterK and I, she had never read A Fine Balance, so she didn't know how horrific it was) and was a bit bothered by some of the things. But it had a good ending so that was all that mattered to me. Things have been slow. Still trying to work with insurance to get my treatments in. Missing the friends like crazy. I really want to get in a visit soon, but I guess that depends on when the rest of them can do stuff, what with school and work and all that stuff. But I do miss them. And a family trip would be good. And seeing all the pictures of them makes me miss them more. 

On a more superficial note, went to JCrew yesterday and picked up some nice items with my gift card, and then also some of my own earnings (too much really) but was pleased with what I found. Couldn't get any new pants though...evidently I really am petite, because all regular sizes are way too long on me.  And I end up looking like a small child attempting to wear her mother's trousers. Ridiculous. I'll have to go some other time. Or perhaps look for skirts, since I don't wear nearly enough of those lately. 

Well....time to help pablo take down the christmas tree. Fun times. Had by all.

No comments: