Friday, March 20, 2009

guts indeed!

So I've been planning to purchase one of Sable's shirts for a while now...but hadn't figured out which one, which one. But now, I think I know. Due to recent drama in the digestive department, I think the guts one is perfect. Plus, that way, I can illustrate to people where my issues are, on the outside, without having to use the interwebs to pull up a pic of the human digestive system. I think I like the gray version best. So, next paycheck (ie next Friday) I will be placing my order.

I spent a good deal of today being sore, and worrying. I went to the new GI dr. Thus far, changes we have implemented include:
-a new heartburn medication
-NO DAIRY
-an upcoming upper endoscopy with celiac-identifying biopsy
-less fats
-lean proteins (supposedly easy to digest)

And of course the same no gluten thing. No dairy is mad hard yo. For several reasons. One, I LOVE creamy things. Two, it is actually in a lot. I had to buy semisweet bakers chocolate to have chocolate sans dairy. That combined with the GF nonsense is making me think I might be losing weight soon, because I'm too lazy to make the effort to find gluten free dairy free food options, so instead I just won't eat at all.

We also did blood work, and found some elevated liver enzymes. Perhaps because of methotrexate. But also perhaps I have hepatitis. So, the GI lady informed the Lupus Lady, and the GI lady is insisting on doing an abdominal ultrasound to check out my livah, and also wants to check for hep. I don't have hepatitis. I know this because I've never had crazy ass orgy sex, I've never shared crazy needles (or even the sane kinds) and there is no possible way I could have gotten hep. There IS autoimmune hepatitis, where your immune system attacks your livah, but that wouldn't be fair. I already have 4 diseases. It wouldn't be right to make it 5. Right? Right?

In other less medical news, EA returns this evening for her springy break, right after the start of SPRING!!!! (that was today. btw) I cleaned the gal's powder room so she wouldn't flip a table at me for the disaster it was. I even bleached. And naturally, got some in my eye. Sometimes I'm special. In a few moments, I will take my puppies up the stairs to sit in my room whilst I clean that, so that she doesn't get mad that the whole day she and Abs spent cleaning the room for my birthday wasn't a complete and total waste. Mostly it is a clothing issue. Not like the bottles and junk last time. Her and Pablo didn't leave the 'dam till like 2ish, so probably not home till late in the evening. Sent my lovely bestest some flowers this week to cheer her, and we are on the docket to chat this weekend...I'm glad.

Random moment of the day: Jackie Rollins texting to ask me if I use an insulin pump, and upon my saying yes, her asking what kind, because she now works at Minimed (yes I use that kind) and is going to be a customer service rep, and wanted to know if I would be a potential caller and how during her training she kept thinking of me. Though it was completely out of left field, it was nice of her to think of me. I don't usually call customer service, but if I do, I'll ask for Dirty Rollins and see what happens ;)

1 comment:

a(rossin) said...

I couldn't imagine calling a customer service place and being on the phone with Dirty Rollins.