Sunday, May 17, 2009

commencing to....?

So Friday I went over to Purchase to witness the remaining children of the TRON clan graduate. I was shocked to have the benefit of seeing Stevie walk as well, and was most upset that I hadn't known he was going to, so didn't have a gift for him. So his will be sent via post. But KHawk, Al and A I had their little commencement presents and it was wonderful to see them. Of course I, being the Momma Meg that I am, just starting crying. Didn't get all crazy though because 1-no need for drama, and 2-I don't actually produce a large amount of tears unless under extreme duress. I also got to see JoseMiguel who was there to see his bf graduate, and a few professors. It was rather nice on the whole. I miss them. I was informed that Cole and Phil live in Brooklyn, about 4 blocks from A and S, and then Stevie is like 10 minutes away. So I guess it is true about everyone living there. Almost. KHawk will be on campus for summer, and Al home in Queens, so I am hoping we can all get together soon and have a real family type dealy.

Then I returned home, and had a McG girl night with my sisters. At C & K's. It was very amusing. A bunch of folks, good drinks, good times. Then Saturday lazed around feeling poorly (not hungover mind you, but might as well have been, since I stayed over and missed two med doses I just was icky. boo) then later took Viv's to the park with cousin Levi, then went over to help with the cupcakes for sisterK's wedding tea for her friend today. They came out ok. Then today, Pablo, EA and Ab's drove down to DC to bring Ab's back to her new residence, and EA will stay down there for a bit. So since I'm home alone con los perritos, I did a shit ton of laundry (still going), did dishes (have another load to toss in), and baked banana bread with some bananas that weren't long for this world (came out rather tasty). So now to finish the chore stuff, and make dinner, and find a good film to watch. 

Have been feeling pretty good lately, hopefully can cut the steroid dose down, since the weight issue is annoying. The face and tummy fat needs to go. I'll probably get to the gym this week, hopefully, but it will be better if the steroids are down. Not 100% yet, but I will be soon. And then, back to life with a renewed sense of vigor. Or something like that. Still waiting to hear back about job interviews, and working on the grad school list. Whittling down the 15 to how many I want to visit. 

That's all, folks.

No comments: