Friday, May 29, 2009

family bonding- beer pong





And there you have it. Memorial Day we had a nice little family lunch in the back yard, with our dogs all having fun, and all of a sudden, George decides she wants to learn to play Beer Pong. Mind you, in a month, George will be 54. FIFTY-FOUR! But she wanted to learn to play. So we obliged. Even EA, who generally disdains and scorns anything having to do with George. Of course, EA had already been drinking some, and continued to do so through the game, so perhaps that was her sneaky way of it being OK. As you can see, EA and Slim were on a team and George and Christopher. Later I played with EA against SisterK and Christopher, but I wasn't very good. It was interesting to say the least. My father sort of just watched in disbelief. Drinking games with one's mother. Hum.

In other news, getting new glasses, as my vision has changed again. Will post pictures when the new spectacles arrive. Had to get a wider set of frames to accommodate my giant head (stupid steroids) but they're cool. It is funny that NOW my reading vision is fine, but my distance (ie driving, movie viewing, trying to read the clock) is awful. Lovely. This time we went with brown, but still Nine West. Expensive buggers (especially since stupid Aetna doesn't cover it). 

Also, began dog obedience training with Viv. Disastrous thus far. She is afraid of the clicker and training in general- continuously runs away from me and acts as though I'm trying to "get" her. Ratty dog. And, being that I am the LEAST patient person in the world, I'm already getting frustrated with her. But trying not to. Really. We'll see how it goes.