Monday, November 24, 2008

renard?

I have suddenly become smitten with foxes. I saw one dart into the woods one early morning, all orangey amongst the still semi-green grass, and then I watched as it slyly turned its head and look at me, and if foxes have eyebrows, one would be raised up at me. A fox challenge. And since then, I keep having dreams that I am a fox. I changed my gmail theme to tea time, which features a fox. That wacky Doors song, 20th Century Fox, comes up on my shuffle with increasing regularity. And I don't feel foxy like Jimi's Foxy Lady, but more in that slightly paranoid, always being chased by hounds, but still able to outwit those mangy dogs and slink off to be all orange and awesome in my den. I kind of think that maybe that is why I strike out in terms of dating. Too many hounds and not enough foxes, and either I'm a dumb fox who can't smell a dog when she meets one, or somehow thinks that settling for a cur will be good enough. Either way, I need to find me a fox. It would help if my foxy brain was over the latest useless mutt. Though, more and more I find myself thinking of him with complete disdain. But not the kind of disdain where I suppose we couldn't be friends. Someday. 

I also feel like S is potentially a white tiger. A siberian sabletoothed tiger? She's fierce, but too cool to be a bengal. 

No comments: