Sunday, September 21, 2008

I wanna wake up where you are

You know what is so weird....some days you can wake up feeling all sunshine and rainbows, and then the next day is like "I miss my old life! BOOOOO". I just think it is funny how the blues seem to come in odd waves. 

Well, tomorrow begins Hell Week. Yes that week that all theatre people dread, and yet are waiting in excited antici...................pation for. (and yes that was a Rocky reference). I'm nervous of course, but I know my skills. I'll be fine. More than fine really, I'll be damn good. I'm not trying to be full of myself, but Herr Direktor has only given me minimal criticisms, but several times I'm singled out as someone who is really doing great things. And in a cast of 6, being singled out is pretty sweet. I just need to get words down pat. He doesn't allow ad libbing. So that needs to be fixed. In the meantimes, got some sweet flats for the character that I will then continue to wear in real life, they are this deep red so that they almost look black, until there is light shining on them, then they're bright. And they have this zipper detailing that is awesome. Very cool. And I decided she's a red lipstick kinda gal. Neveryoumind that I look kind of weird in it (too pale) but she has to have it. Anyway, I'm really psyched. Once again, I express my deep hope that my friends make it. By whatever means possible. and that they reserve seats www.intentionaltheatre.com  because there really is NO ROOM. I know some of them have said they just need to get here, and I appreciate their effort. (aka I heart KH)

What else....possibly grabbing some coffee with an old crush today....and NO he did not ask me out. I asked him. Because I'm bored. I have NO friends here excepting my sister and she has her own life and thats not cool. No, it is cool she has her own life, just not that I feel like I'm interfering because I have no friends of my own. So what's the harm in a little coffee. I'm pretty much guaranteed that hes going to think I got fat and ugly, so no chance of weirdness, and I don't have to impress him. So I'm hoping just to actually have a nice un-awkward chat. Lets keep those fingers crossed.

Have to take pictures today to send in my package down to Washington- the Mitchell Scholarship!!!! It is due next week, but if I send it Monday it will be there in time. I hope hope hope hope hope the recommenders keep up their end. I'm nervous. And pumped. I hope the judges find me worthy. 

I'd say that is just about it. No doctors this week (hurrah) So just have to live through Hell Week and put on a sweet-ass performance Friday and Saturday. Oh year, and my dad's birthday is the 24th. Giving him money, to contribute to the LCD flatscreen he just bought himself (even though I'm not supposed to know he bought it already) so I thought given how expensive they are, I'd be safe offering $200 of my hard-earned dollars. Plus I just paid off some more of GFred's loan, another $200. So who is broke till Friday? Oh yes, ME. And I have to pay for my damn health insurance (371 a month- maybe I'd rather forego it and just die). I still haven't heard from any jobs. Oh well.

Chin up! Put a smile on! As Dean Martin would be crooning, "The future's brighter, when hearts are lighter, so darlin smile smile smile!"

No comments: