My father may or may not kill me when I get home tomorrow. yes, tomorrow. I know I was only supposed to be here till today, but then something is going down later tonight so I wanted to stay. And dangit I'm 23 years old. He doesn't own me. I can do what I want.
Thus far, a really successful weekend. Arrived Saturday, about an hour late (for which I received a text from A saying, "OMG the world has stopped spinning, ur late") and hung out and had the first tea of the weekend with him. Then he asked me if I could do voiceover stuff for something he and S are working on. So I did. Then went over to see my darling C, and Alas was there back from the islands, looking a lovely shade of dark brown (I'm jealous) and telling me about swimming with sharks unintentionally (also jealous...I would LOVE to swim with sharks. as long as they were in a cage or I was in a cage. bars betwee please). Watched some Olympics, some Drag Queen Project Runway, quick trip to the A&P then back to A's apartment which no one really lives in anymore, but everyone is always at. Watched Blue Crush with K-C H and K-Hawk and her friend L whom I have been introduced to but always seem to space out on. Then laaaaater A & S came back from filming, we hung out a bit, then back to A's to sleep. And sleep I did. The couches in Alumni are really good for me to sleep on, because I can sit up and still be comfortable. Sunday, slept in MAD late (like 11ish) texted B and we made plans for fabric store shopping and lunch, and went and did that for a while. Back on campus around 4ish, went to the PAC to help out with the video, then came back, totally conked out on the couch and A & S just left me there. And instead of going out and being fun when I woke up, just got in my pjs and read some Irish fairy tales and watched him work. I really love watching him work. He gets all psyched up. And I kept staring into space and he kept asking what I was thinking about, and I can't tell him. Because we're supposed to be just best friends. And I'm supposed to be past thinking about everything. But I miss the way it was. A whole lot. Oh well.
Today, breakfast at Lenny's, dropped him off at the station, got some clothes at Target after calling my mom and her telling me that if I was staying another day, I better be looking into the jobs I applied for here and Manhattanville, so it seems like I'm being productive, or my father will definitely kill me. So I needed something that would not look so lazy weekended. Khakis to go with my black sweater T and some black flats. Less unemployed-college-grad, and a little more successful-semicasual-business-in-the-summer-time-alumni. So after fighting with the Library, I'm printing out more copies of resume, and trying again to find jobs. Here there and anywhere. Later, perhaps some sort of celebratory something, and then home tomorrow. I already called out of work.
If by Wednesday night there is no post, I may have been slain by my father. Let us hope not.
Part 6
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment