Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You've never seen Top Gun? That's it, I'm leaving

So I have decided that first dates are less awkward when 1) you actually already kind of hung out once, but you were tipsy and basically threw away the "good first impression" card by being overly chatty (because you were tipsy) and 2) you are too tired to try and impress the person, and flat out tell them, "Look, I should be trying to impress you right now but to be honest I'm so exhausted from work and just want to nosh on some Mexican food and drink margaritas with you, so if I'm not doing a good job, I'm sorry" and then they laugh at you and all is well. I had a great time. I talked WAAAAAAAY too much....but I never interrupted nor did I ever get the impression he didn't get to talk when he wanted to. Hes just not a talker I guess. I told him to think of things for the next time we hang out to tell me about his life. Hes funny. We had a couple so-quirky/funny-moments-it-could-be-a-sitcom-date things go on.....it was a really good date. And he has a sweet car. And he paid. And I actually let him. First time I've let a guy pay for anything for me in a looooooong time. But it was nice. And basically now I've got this giddy bubbly feeling going on. Like there might be a chance that my life won't suck forever. Wow, I tell you what, wow. So I think we'll go on another date. Who knows when. But I'm looking forward to that. It was a good night. :)

No comments: