Sunday, October 5, 2008

sometimes it IS about my ego

So last night's performance was awesome! My aunt G and cousin J came (and I haven't seen them in 8 years) and they really enjoyed it, and SJS and her husband came and liked it, and *drumroll please* the Playwright was there!!! Which, luckily, D & S did not tell us till bows, and D comes down and was like, "It is a pleasure and honor to introduce to all of you, the Playwright, Jacob. M Appel" And we all lost it. My jaw just totally dropped. He was really nice and said he enjoyed it and it was all very cool. Also cool was this crazy old director guy who runs workshops in Westerly, gave me his card and all that and was like, "You come across beautifully on stage. You have a wonderful presence up there. Do you audition for much?" so I chatted with him a bit and that was a nice little boost. Then some random group of women came up to me and were like, "Oh you were so great just lovely wonderful job" and one of them said, "you have the perfect voice for this so clear and musical up there. just perfect" which I've never been told before so I just thanked them profusely and said I was glad they enjoyed the show. And it made me feel really good. Even though I was sick. Like I almost thought I wouldn't get through the show. This is just a testament to the fact that a talented actress can give a strong performance no matter what. Of course, as soon as I got home it was vom city, but that isn't important. I got through the show and did so brilliantly, if I may say so. So yes.

Today, resting and getting back on track (it is amazing that one day without one of my medications can seriously throw me for a loop) and then big week ahead, starting my new responsibilities at work for Refresh. Refresh is when we replace old PC models that are just a teensy bit too slow to keep running on, with new fabulous flatscreen models. This year we are exchanging 2425 machines. And I am in charge of scheduling each and every exchange. So I get to call up department managers, have them meet me and then we go through and map where each machine is, and figure out what day to exchange them. Its a huge job. That will likely consume my life. Plus, all the machines have to be done by Dec. 31st. Huge job. But if I do it well and without hitches, I'll look awesome. So yea.

Life isn't bad. Things are going along pretty well. And the forgetting process is working slowly. So that is positive. All is well. :)

1 comment:

K-Hawk said...

I hope I can make it. <3