Thursday, July 10, 2008

Let them eat cake, she says, just like Marie Antoinette

I really love that song. Killer Queen. I feel like, if I was a Queen, I'd be pretty killer. Indeed.

 So....today. Thursday. The 10th. My unbirthday, in fact. And how did I celebrate? By being forced to apply for a position at my current workplace, but a full-time, real-people position, offering full benefits and 40k a year. By my father. Because it would be sensible. I could stay home and save money on much much cheaper rent, have the same health insurance basically as I do now only under my own name, and save up for Ireland. Reasons I didn't want to do this: 1- I don't want to work for CSC forever. 2-I really wanted to get out of my house and away. 3-I feel like if they give me the job its only because of my dad's position in the company. 4-I really really wanted to be closer to my friends, at least for the one year I would be around (and besides, after that year half of them would graduate and move on as well, so I wanted to treasure the time). Its not the end of the world. Its just not ideal per se. 
Oh well. I guess 40k a year can't hurt. And the health insurance is extremely important. Especially considering the way things are going. Today, once again, the feet, ankles and knees have blown up and are bright red. I know I have edema in my legs because when I press down, the indentation stays. Means I'm retaining fluid like a mofo. Gross. I need to call my dr. And hope he stops sucking at life and does something about this bull. 
In other news, one of my dear friends wrote on my facebook wall today, and called me Irish Cream. Because I'm Irish. And white. Very Very Very white. And I giggled out loud when I read it. Like a real giggle. I adore when people come up with silly/cute/random nicknames for me. It makes my heart smile. 
What else? Nothing really. The parents leave for Alumni Weekend at their college tomorrow, gone till Monday evening, so that will be fun. And by fun I mean, I have to babysit my Grandmother. So not really fun at all. But perhaps some good beach times with the sisters, perhaps some Sailfest (there is this sweet Celtic rock band playing called Enter the Haggis, I want to see them) and the fireworks. And I need to start really planning party stuff for NEXT weekend. And clean my room. A lot. And read a book that my parents said I would love called The Far Pavilions. It is about India. I bet I will love it. So now, I am off to read about India whilst incense smoke drifts and curls about in my room (despite the fact that everyone else in my house hates it) and then to sleep. 
bon nuit, bon nuit to you all.

No comments: