Saturday, July 26, 2008

We're like.....When Harry Met Sally, except without the great one-time sex, and the whole actually falling in love thing

Breakfast with H was wonderful. So good to see her, and she looks great and it sounds like she's doing really well. And it is always just wonderful to catch up with her. And talk about our general lack of interest in the opposite sex. Because they just waste time in life. (but we aren't bitter). And then I used the above statement to describe my life. Caught up on a bit of m-ville gossip, but neither of us really keep up on it too much, so it wasn't that exciting. Then dropped her off back at home, so she could head up to their big family deal. 
And I went to get my massage. And, as usual, heaven. Rich is an awesome masseur. And I found out today that he's massaged random famous people when he used to work in Georgia, at some big hotel that most celebrities stayed at when they performed at the Fox Theatre down there, like Damn Edna, Paul Anka, Neil Young, Whitney Houston and Paul McCartney. AMAZING. Not that it in any way affects his abilities as a massage therapist, but it is kind of cool. So yea. And we chatted a lot about Ireland and all sorts of things. Everyone else seems to think it is weird that I'm not creeped out by the whole thing, but seriously, it's his job. Yes, you have to take off clothes to get a massage, but its not like they see anything. And if they accidentally did, they wouldn't care. He's a holistic healer, and I always feel so so so much better afterwards. Plus, I feel like I'm being pampered. Like a little rich person. And it's fun to occasionally pretend that you live the good life. Even if you don't actually live the good life.
And now I'm going to work on my little project for work. Which is looking up random good advice quotes, which I'm going to attach to pieces of candy, and put in a basket in our cube, so that when random people take candy, they can also have good business and general life advice. I think this will help improve office moral. And I think it will help people change. Because some people there need to work on their behavior in the office. Seriously. I'm frequently shocked that these people function in the real world. I'm a recent college grad and I'm a billion times more mature and professional then some of them. AND I fully intend to put at least one quote that says something about how sometimes words actually speak louder than actions. So that the silly, smiley boy can actually talk to me. Instead of just doing that cute little smile. With dimples. Not that I've noticed. 

No comments: