Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The only appropriate footwear for Maine is LOBSTER SANDALS!

So despite the fact that I'm not actually at 100% yet (ps don't tell the rents) I am going to Maine. Because I love Cole. He is an honorary McGlinchey. And I know that is the only reason my parents aren't making a massive fuss over it. Because they love him too (yes even my heartless, cold father holds a special place for Cole in the space where his heart would have gone). EA said Cole could stay here extra days after the party. Like. Forever. I told her he has a job and responsibilities, but that I would let him know he's welcome. (like in Mulan when she says "would you like to stay for dinner?" and the grandma says "would you like to stay forever?") So yea. I'm uber psyched about the trip. and I have my grandma's horsepill painkillers in case I need them. Which I may. But I'm hoping not. I keep praying for it to go well and for me to NOT ruin it by being my sickly useless self. I need to get through this week without a hitch, if only so that my parents can't keep saying "Meagan, you're not like other people, you can't just run off to Maine for two days, then come back, rehearse, work AND have a party and just expect to be fine." Yesterday was a bit heartbreaking. Every time I'm reminded of what my diseases actually are, I think I lose a teeny piece of my soul. Mom was just like "Meagan- it doesn't matter if you take care of yourself and do everything you are supposed to. With lupus or MCTD, you can be the best patient in the world, and one little bug, one less hour of sleep, one 5-minute session in the sun, one teeny trace of gluten, and you could become seriously, fatally ill. So you trying to be a normal 23-year old and spend time with friends and be fun and enjoy life isn't you misbehaving, I understand that you want to enjoy life, and I want you to, but you need to be a bit more responsible, knowing that often such things render you useless for a few days afterwards. And you can't keep missing work and life." Wow. thanks Mom. And I know shes right. I have NO control over it. Which is the worst. Even when I try to do good (like not using Splenda or drinking diet soda because it could be bad- and because of him of course) it really might not make any difference at all. So frustrating. But I think we're trying Boston next for a new rheumatologist. Levin never called me back yesterday. At this point, I'm self prescribing what to do to be ok, with the assistance of my kind pulmonary specialist who just doesn't want to see me suffer (Dr. Licata is top notch). Thats insane. It is Levin's job damnit. Oh well. The point of this was that I'm excited for Maine anyway. I don't care if by next week I land in the hospital. As long as its after my party :) And yes, I really do feel the only appropriate footwear for Maine is LOBSTER SANDALS. Thank heavens for JCrew. I love them.  See you in lobster-land kids xoxo

1 comment:

HolyshitiLoveyou said...

I'm so bummed I'm not in Maine with you guys. And even more bummed that I won't be able to make it to your graduation party! I know I know I had ample time, but it turns out this Saturday is my grandma's birthday and we're having a huge dinner for her. The go by the lunar calender so I'm never sure when her birthday is, just that it's towards the end up July. Weirdos.

Anway, HAVE SO MUCH FUN AND TAKE SO MANY PHOTOS!